I have always noticed fellow bloggers talking about reading challenges they do each year, but I've been a little afraid to try them for myself. I mean, what if I don't complete it?? I am a slow reader! I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE! But then I looked at what I read in 2012 and saw how a lot of my reads would have counted for specific challenges and that I CAN do this! To help keep the pressure off and since I am new at this, I have decided to aim a little on the lower side for my goals and I think that will work out best for me as a newbie.
So what will I be signing up for? Well, for now I am going for three challenges and here they are!
2013 YA Contemporary Challenge hosted by Katie @ Katie's Book Blog.
For this particular challenge, I will be aiming for Level 2, which is 10+ books. I went a little higher for this one since I already have 3 review books that qualify so I am pretty confident. Here are 10 books I am hoping to read:
1. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
2. Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein
3. Riptide by Lindsey Scheibe
4. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
5. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
6. Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
7. Dare You To by Katie McGarry
8. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
9. Falling for You by Lisa Schroeder
10. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge hosted by Evie @ Bookish, Rachel at Fiktshun, Justin @ Justin's Book Blog, Tiffany @ Escaping One Book At a Time, Bonnie @ Words at Home, Emily @ Doodle's Book Blog
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
2. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
3. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
4. Easy by Tammara Webber
5. Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer
6. A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
7. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
8. Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
9. False Memory by Dan Krokos
10. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
2013 Debut Author Challenge hosted by Tara at Hobbitsies.
This is a really fun one for me! I never realized how many debut author's I read each year, but I have quite a few on my list so hopefully I will be quite successful! Here are some I'm planning on reading, though I'm sure there will be more:
1. A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso (finished 1/3)
2. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
3. Altered by Jennifer Rush
4. Pivot Point by Kasie West
5. The Murmurings by Carly Anne West
6. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
7. Riptide by Lindsey Scheibe
8. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
9. Taken by Erin Bowman
10. Parallel by Lauren Miller
11. Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid
12. The Collector by Victoria Scott
2013 Goodreads Reading Challenge!
In 2012, I also aimed for 85 books but I managed to read 91! That is actually really good for me and way up from the year before. I decided to keep the goal the same this year and see how well I do with a full year of blogging factoring in.
I will probably open a tab dedicated to my challenges so I can keep track of my progress, if anyone else is interested in seeing how I am doing as well. :) Wish me luck! :)
**EDIT** Check out my Reading Challenges 2013 tab under my header for updates on my progress!